I absolutely love creating my resolutions for the new year.
I feel like a big bottle of hope and optimism on January 1st.
Absolutely anything and everything feels possible, and there's something so exciting about a clean slate.
I wrote all of my goals down in the front of my 2017 planner. I wanted them in an easily accessible place that I could reference whenever I needed a little reminder.
Speaking of planners, I take my annual agenda seriously. This year, I decided upon one from Rifle Paper Co. Isn't it lovely?
Without further adieu, I present to you, Jenna's 2017 New Year's Resolutions!
1. Spend way less time on social media. Blog instead. I can't believe how instinctively my fingertips navigate to the Facebook and Instagram apps on my phone. I know I post way too often, and I can't help but wonder, "Why?" I want my sharing to be more meaningful in the new year.
2. Be more thoughtful. Send birthday cards. Bring in treats more regularly for my coworkers. Be a better listener. Those sorts of things.
3. Be less gossipy. I'm such a nosy Nellie, and I need to mind my own business.
4. Focus on myself. Stop comparing my life to others'. This one connects with the first point (and let's be real, the third) on this list. Everyone is different and approaches life's milestones at various times. I need to remind myself of that and just concentrate on my own life.
5. Learn to French braid. Random, I know, but this is something I've been wanting to learn for quite some time!
6. Attend weekly mass.
7. Slow down. Impatient, painfully punctual, driven. These qualities of mine all make me rush through my days. I need to realize that it's okay if I arrive to my desk at 7:10 instead of 7am sharp, and that I can take life a little more slowly.
Happy 2017, one and all! I hope your year ahead is just fantastic!